Hairdressing.co.uk made a date to experience the glamour and drama, inspiration and education that makes Salon International the greatest event in world hairdressing. Hundreds of world-class products on the show floor, amazing live events showcasing the seasons hottest styles, and educational cutting techniques and colouring trends.
From free services to fantastic offers and giveaways there were goodies to be had galore.
- Salon Supplies had a pair of Kashu XP Series 6.3″ Scissor (worth £800) and one pair of Kasho Silver Series 6.0″ Offset Scissors (worth £400) to give away.
- Beauty Planet Salon Design were giving away a free salon design service on their stand.
- Male grooming was not forgotten as the British Barbers’ Association were inviting people to sign up for free to its membership as well as giving access to their specialist partners, including HR, payroll and insurance.
- To celebrate the launch of Kitoko Advanced hair Therapy, luxury haircare brand ASP were giving one lucky Salon International visitor £1,000 of their products.
- Italian haircare brand milk_shake are set to cause a stir by giving away a customised Vespa worth £2,600! The iconic Vespa, ridden by celebrities from Jamie Oliver to Jude Law and the Jonas Brothers, has been given a milk_shake makeover, exclusively for the Salon International competition.
- The ghd stand wowed packed audiences with some of the industry’s most iconic figures. There was also the chance to win an inspirational city break, including spending money.
British Hairdressing Awards
Finalists for the 2011 British Hairdressing Awards had their creations showcased in a super-secret gallery – burly guards stopped gawkers taking pics or videos. So we can’t post any pictures here, but the finalists will be looking forward to the glamerous awards ceremony taking place next month at London’s Grosvenor House on Monday 28th November 2011. 2011 finalist for Eastern Hairdresser of the Year, Paul Falltrick from Essex, said his inspiration came from Vivienne Westwood “she’s eccentric and her designs are inspired.” Asked about his favourite part of the job he said “Pushing myself. I treat every haircut as though it’s my last so that I continue to hone my skills, ensuring every cut is better than the one before.” The full list of finalists is here.
Latest Trends and Techniques
Some of the biggest names in hairdressing presented the latest trends and techniques in free shows. Some of the Live Shows featured Patrick Cameron, Sassoon Academy, Tim Hartley and Toni & Guy. Where else could students and salon owners pick up tips and techniques like this?
Back and bigger than ever before, Wahl UK were a popular spot at Salon International 2011 with their brand new stage and exciting presentations from the Wahl Artistic Team led by European Artistic Director, Simon Shaw. The Wahl UK stage featured inspirational and show stopping presentations from Simon and the team on the all the latest clipper cutting techniques for all the guys and girls.
The Paul Mitchell stand offered a special preview of MITCH – the new man in town! “For over two decades Paul Mitchell has remained the leading salon brand among men,” explains John Paul DeJoria, Co-founder and CEO. “With the changing styles and needs of today’s young male, we saw an opportunity to take men’s grooming to the next level. We are confident that MITCH will deliver the performance you and your salon guests demand.” Following the mantra that ‘Style isn’t born. It’s groomed.’ MITCH brings to the industry the first professional 2-in-1 Sulfate Free Shampoo & Conditioner in ‘Double Hitter’, along with six targeted grooming products.
BaByliss PRO announced a crowd-pleasing line-up for this year’s Salon International, featuring king of the ‘up do’ Patrick Cameron (for his 21st year with BaByliss PRO at Salon International), stylist to the stars Adam Reed from Percy & Reed, and the BaByliss PRO Crew, led by the award-winning Christopher Appleton. BaByliss PRO was a must-visit stand at the exhibition with their innovative products being renowned as some of the best in the industry. Watch our video of Patrick Cameron in action.
As always, Habia promised an action packed line up for its stage at this year’s show, and boy did they deliver, with top hairdressers wowing the crowds over the course of the weekend. The Habia stage was a hive of hairdressing inspiration throughout the three days of the exhibition, with the ever popular Habia Hairdressing Skills Team demonstrating bold, new styles for Caucasian and Afro-Caribbean type hair, and taking the audience step-by-the step through the techniques needed for success. Check our our video explaining the perfect short back and sides.
Fellowship for British Hairdressing
The Fellowship for British Hairdressing were showcasing an educationally and creatively
inspiring schedule of back-to-back presentations on its prestigious stage, under the theme
‘Education, Creativity, Excellence’. An exclusive opportunity to see world-renowned artists and the best in British hairdressing, as they showcase their latest trends and predictions for 2012.