A brand new Independent Hairdressing Competition that gives ANY Hairdresser an equal opportunity to be recognized for their talent and their artistic flair. The “50 Shades of Fashion” theme is sure to produce some fantastic work.
Starting with a photographic entry, which will be blind judged by industry experts, the competition moves on to semi finals in May/June and culminates with the grand final and awards ceremony at the Jam House in Birmingham on 20th September 2015.
Paul Farr from Destin (2011 Winner of Redken Male Expert) and Matt Speirs from Arrow Hair & Beauty Supplies (www.SalonSupplyShop.co.uk) joined forces to create the competition.
Paul said: “Unlike many other trophies, winning will NOT be about how much is spent with a brand each year! The judges will not know who has supplied the initial photograph so it will truly be about the look the stylist has created.”
Matt said “We hope that our competition will generate much excitement within the hairdressing trade and highlight the superb hairdressing talent that we have in our region!”
With 3 Award Categories the competition is wide open.
- Male Expert Award – Open to any Stylist, the male is the model!
- Next Generation Award- Open to Apprentice or Junior Stylists only
- Hairdresser of the Year Award. – Open to Stylists and Salon Owners
Photographic entry stage closes midnight 30th April 2015
Timeline for the stages of competition.
1) Photographic entry- Closes 30th April 2015
2) Regional Finals – Held on Various Sundays in May and June 2015
3) Awards Ceremony and Gala Evening . September 2015
See www.salonsupplyshop.co.uk/hoty for further information and to apply