To achieve Miss Universe 2015’s (Paulina Vega) crowning look, official hair care sponsor, CHI took center stage creating her styles, along with the hair of all 88 contestants from around the world. During this year’s pageant, CHI used this global platform to launch their product line with the organization: The Miss Universe Style Illuminate Hair Care Line. Tammy Mixon, Farouk Systems Global Board Artist and lead Hair Artist for Miss Universe, shares her step by step tips for how to re-create the winning Miss Universe hairstyle at home. Her looks were all done by CHI Hairstylist, Julian Macias last night.
- Begin by spritzing the hair with Miss Universe Style Illuminate’s Set the Stage Blow Dry Spray for intense heat protection from damage and breakage while eliminating frizz and resisting humidity. The lightweight formulation detangles, smoothes, and softens, while dramatically decreasing blow-dry time. This is especially needed to get each contestant ready quickly for each event.
- Comb through to evenly distribute and with the Miss Universe CHI Professional Hair Dryer, dry hair with your hands to remove the bulk of moisture, lifting hair at the base to provide ample volume.
- When hair is still slightly damp, section the hair into 4 parts (top, sides, back and nape).
- Starting at the nape area with a large CHI round ceramic brush, finish blow drying by again lifting the hair at the root area. Continue to dry the rest of the section by smoothing and rounding the ends under. Continue throughout the entire head.
- Next, take a medium round CHI Ceramic Brush and wrap larger sections throughout the head, twirling them around the brush. Give each section a blast of hot air followed by cool air to set in the curl.
When releasing each section, continue to twist as you remove the brush. By unwrapping the twirl, this helps to create those soft sultry waves.
- For added curl definition and volume, the Miss Universe CHI 1 ¼” Titanium Curling Iron was used to bump the ends under and add several more defined curls. The base was sprayed with Restage Dry Shampoo for added lift and texture. This will also absorb any perspiration and oils from the warm temperatures of Miami.
- To finish, spray with Rock Your Crown Firm Hair Spray for the perfect hold during quick changes while a misting of Spotlight Shine Spray is needed to add shine and glisten to hair just like her crown.
The Miss Universe Organization, a Donald J. Trump and NBC Universal joint venture, is a global community empowering role models of beauty, health and leadership for young women of today. The organization is dedicated to partnering with charities around the world, and to increasing HIV/AIDS awareness by focusing on women’s health issues. For more information, visit: www.missuniverse.com; Facebook: www.facebook.com/MissUniverse; Twitter and Instagram: @MissUniverse.