If you run a hairdressing salon then you’ll probably have all the salon furniture and hairdressing equipment you need. If you’re setting up your first salon, or refurbishing your salon, then here’s what you need.
1. Having the right hairdressing chairs is important, and you’ll want to make sure that your chairs are adjustable, comfortable, and are right for your clients. A salon for young professionals in the city centre will have different sorts of chairs to a salon aimed at older people in a country village.
2. The reception furniture in your hairdressing salon is the first impression that your clients have of your salon. You need to make sure that your reception sofa and chairs are not worn out, or dirty or falling apart. By making your clients feel welcome, and comfortable, they are much more likely to enjoy having their hair cut, and come back to your salon.
3. Your wash areas need to be functional, and have all the facilities you and your staff need to be able to wash your clients’ hair well. You might want to go for stylish modern units, or choose something more traditional, depending on your clientele.
4. Styling areas are also important, and will be where your clients get their hair cut. You’ll want to make sure that your styling areas have plenty of space, and that they fit in with your décor, and client expectations.
5. Mirrors are also vital in any hairdressing salon, and you’ll need plenty of different sized mirrors. As well as wall mounted mirrors, you’ll want hand held mirrors too. Why not see what sizes and styles will fit in with your interior and which your clients will benefit from most?
6. Every hairdresser needs good hairdressing scissors, combs and brushes, so you’ll need to make sure that you and your staff have the hairdressing equipment they need to actually cut and style hair. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an experienced stylist, or a new hairdresser, or what sort of salon you work in, you’ll need to have the right sort of scissors to get the results your clients are paying for.
7. Trolleys are a good way of storing all the essential hairdressing equipment that each stylist will need. By keeping everything close at hand, and tidy, your staff will be organised, and better able to meet the needs of your clients.
8. Good quality salon hairdryers are well worth the money. Because they are used all day everyday, they need to be durable, and reliable. By choosing wisely, you can make sure that your hairdryers last.
9. Depending on the sort of hairdressers you are, you might also need hood dryers for your clients. If you only cut men’s hair, then you are much less likely to benefit from hood dryers.
10. Having enough storage space for towels, hair products, gowns and all the other essentials in your salon is vital. You’ll need your salon to look tidy, for your stylists to be organised, and for it to be easy to find what you’re looking for. If your salon is untidy and unorganised, it can discourage clients from coming back again.
Discover a wide range of Hairdressing Equipment, including styling areas, wash areas, hood dryers, reception furniture and Hairdressing Chairs at REM. Why not browse the hairdressing salon equipment and furniture ranges, and see which you need for your salon, at our directory today?