Designer Sherri Hill presented her 2015 Collection with hair by Farouk Systems Lead Artist Tammy Mixon for the BioSilk Haircare line on February 19, 2015 at The Plaza Hotel. This season’s show had Sadie Robertson and Miss Universe Tegan Martin walking the runway.
The inspiration for Sherri Hill’s latest collection was classic Hollywood glamour. She combined the richness of luxurious silks, velvet, taffeta, and opulent beading. While the hair reflected soft romantic style to compliment the designs.
The “Inspiration” from Lead Stylist Tammy Mixon for BioSilk Haircare – “I wanted to create a romantic updo using braids with a soft swirled rosette. It was the perfect look to compliment Sherri’s 2015 collection.”
Get The Look
1) Prep the ends of the hair by applying BioSilk Silk Therapy Lite.
2) Section the fringe area in a triangle with a center part and clip to isolate.
3) Spiral curl the top of the head using the DURA CHI 1” Curling Iron to add texture.
4) Backcomb the crown area and spray the root area with BioSilk Natural Hold Hairspray to create volume.
5) On the left side of head, direct hair back loosely.
6) Starting behind the ear, braid a three strand braid adding hair in from the nape only; continue to just past center of the nape.
7) Add remaining hair on right side and continue braid leaving 1-2 inches braided.
8) Turn braid backward in circling form, creating a rosette shape. Secure with pins.
9) Next, loosely curl fringe area directing backward with the DURA CHI 1” Curling Iron.
10) Spray with BioSilk Firm Hairspray to set the look.
11) Finish by lightly spraying with BioSilk Shine On.
More info on the products used at www.Farouk.com